Peevish

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Quick Update

Just time enough for a quick update:

Christmas was pretty good - Santa Claus was very good to me. I got the complete series of Babylon 5, a couple of other movies, and a bunch of gift cards from the WCM. Unlike many other women of my acquaintance, I'm very happy with the gift cards - the way I look at it, I've just been given the gift of guilt-free shopping! Miss Peanut got enough gifts for 10 children and is very happy with them. Santa brought a lot of clothes, too, and she was thrilled with them. Unusual for her, but since she is a little clotheshorse (gee, wonder where she gets that from?) perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.

A couple days after Christmas, Miss Peanut decided she wanted to go to daycare and play with her friends, so the WCM and I took her, then caught a movie - Sweeney Todd. Whoooo, boy, was that a fun one! It's gory and profane enough for the WCM to enjoy it, and it's got Johnny Depp in it, so it's a sure thing for me... The WCM took me out for lunch afterward. Write it on your calendars and alert the media, people, the WCM has voluntarily parted with cash.

Friday, I went out to lunch with a lady who lives close and is contemplating having the same weight loss surgery I had. I answered a ton of questions, trying to be 100% honest. It's hard for me, because I've had such a positive, wonderful experience with my surgery. I have to be careful to point out that complications can and do arise and that not everybody has a journey as easy as mine.

Tonight, the WCM, in yet another revolutionary move, took me and Miss Peanut out to dinner again to a nice restaurant (Charlie Brown's) in another state. Slightly to the north. It was tasty! The WCM got the Parmesan Crusted Chicken, which was EXTREMELY DELICIOUS! I'm going to try to recreate that one at home. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow, New Year's Eve, is a blank slate for us. Miss Peanut is going out with her grandparents and will be staying the night. So, perhaps there shall be some fun of an adult nature at Peevish Place (insert waggling eyebrows and gallic hon hon hon here) during her absence. You know, ringing in the New Year with a Bang! (ba dum dum)

Hope your New Year is productive, fruitful, and exciting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home