Peevish

Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Fab Five are Back!

And I don't mean Queer Eye, either. Simon, Nick, John, Roger, & Andy are back and just as good as they ever were. Santa was good to me and brought me Duran Duran's Astronaut CD and DVD. I couldn't wait to rip it open and have my virtual way with it! It takes me back to 1984 with my two best friends, Sara B. and Sarah J., listening to Seven andthe Ragged Tiger and trying to figure out who was destined to be with what member of the band. Of course, I was partial to Nick, while Sara B. laid claim to Simon. Sarah J., being the least grabby of us took John (who was distinctly chicken-chested at the time). Now, looking back, I can see I ran to form: if given a stadium full of men to choose from, I indubitably choose the gay one... Alas!

So, I'm sitting here with my headphones, silently lusting after these guys with my daughter glued to my side. I feel strangely shameful...

The DVD is a real treat, well worth the extra $5. The music is as bright and energetic as ever, with some lovely guitar work. I always felt like Andy somehow got cheated, as Nick's synthesizers dominated the Duran oeuvre. Not so, here. Perhaps he learned to speak up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home