Peevish

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, Happy New Year to all and sundry as shall read these words. I confess, it was not as such a Happy New Year at Peevish Place today. It was a Laundry New Year, and a Cooking New Year, and a DeCluttering New Year.

It was a Cut-the-WCM's-Hair New Year, and a Run-to-the-Supermarket New Year. It was a Sort-Fold-and-Put-Away New Year. Watch-Babylon-5-Until-Your-Eyes-Bleed New Year almost happened, but then my parents brought Miss Peanut back from her overnight there. Then it was a Feed-Everyone New Year, Do-the-Washing-Up New Year, and Plan-Tomorrow's-Meal New Year.

Then it was "GET-IN-YOUR-PAJAMAS!" New Year, Read-Junie.B.Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake New Year, and Snuggles-Goodnight New Year.

Now it's a Prepare-for-Work-Again-Tomorrow New Year. Ugh.

2 Comments:

  • Happy new year to you, too!

    This post really hit home with me...how do people manage to juggle the work, home, baby thing? I'm pulling my hair out because just as one feels under control, the other 2 are completely out of whack.

    And going back on the 2nd, I was really (not so) secretly wishing for a snow day. Alas...not to be.

    By Blogger might I add...?, At 11:52 PM  

  • You will be able to breathe again once your child is 4 years old. Seriously. It took that long to find the balance.

    Or, you could simply be more intelligent than I and find your balance quicker. I highly recommend establishing an early bedtime for the little one and sticking to it. It makes life so much less complicated and gives you Mommy time in the evening.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home