Peevish

Thursday, March 10, 2005

You give me fever

I'm blogging from home for the next two days, because my wee ankle-biter has a fever. Not to bore you with disgusting details, or anything, but her current refrain is a mournful wail of "I've got boogies! I've got boogies!!" which, if taken out of context, is one of the funniest things you've ever heard. C'mon, admit it.

My best friend now is Children's Motrin. As disheartening as it is to see my normally chirpy little child plopped dazed and motionless on the sofa, I've got to say that it's much more restful. Bill Watterson once said in the immortal Calvin and Hobbes, "There's nothing like a fever to take the edge off a child." Now, I understand.

Today, after announcing that naptime approacheth, I had to endure a 10-minute session of whining and crying about how she didn't WANT to have a nap, she WASN'T sleepy, and she WASN'T going to sleep. Five minutes after the naptime storybook closed, she was out like a light. Hallelujah! Time for tea and cookies before I'm next called to witness the boogies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home