Peevish

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Loverboy has nothing on me.

I'm anticipating my weekend. It appears that I'm going to have the whole of Sunday to myself! No football games blaring from the TV, no Miss Peanut bouncing on my lap demanding the whole of my attention, nobody's needs to cater to but my own. What the hell am I going to do with myself for 8 hours?

I have some tentative plans:
  • I just bought Diana Gabaldon's latest masterpiece, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, that I just can't bloody wait to dive into. Her books are always so lush and detailed - and long! - that I need a day to get through them. I'm not a librarian, but I do read quickly ;)
  • I took some cute pictures of the wee sprog today that I could scrapbook.
  • There's always laundry, but is that any way to spend my free time?
  • Some unbridled movie-watching could be in order, as I won't suffer from filmus interruptus, as I normally do.
That ought to do it, although I welcome any and all suggestions. Even the perverted ones.

4 Comments:

  • You aren't seriously considering wasting precious time to yourself on laundry, right?

    The book gets my vote. Personally I like long bubblebaths like I used to be able to take BC (Before Children). Hmm...reading a book while soaking in a bubblebath. That has possiblities as long as the book doesn't get wet.

    By Blogger Recovering Packrat, At 4:42 AM  

  • No!!! Laundry is BAD!!!

    I seldom get time to myself at Palace Peanut but when I do, I post pictures and blog (because I NEVER get to blog when I'm at home).

    Other than that, I sometimes read too...I LOVE to read...especially with no interuptions! :)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 8:26 AM  

  • Sofa, film, large margharita, nibbles. Nuff said.

    By Blogger garfer, At 5:08 PM  

  • I would suggest picking up Angels & Demons, the first book by the DaVinci Code guy.

    By the way, I like how your posts have gotten more vulgar lately; it's very funny. It makes me realize why we both like Graham Norton so much. :)

    More useful Graham quotes:

    "Stay standing if you've ever been attacked by an animal during the course of sex."

    "Stand up if you've ever done anything innapropriate with a monkey."

    (As Queen Victoria) 'Then, in a private meeting, Mr. Clinton was kind enough to present me with a lovely pearl necklace. Did I ever get that back from the dry-cleaners?"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home