Peevish

Friday, October 14, 2005

Aunt Flo, you fucker...

Today was possibly the shittiest day I've had in months. And I do mean that literally.

I knew it was going to be bad when all I wanted to do was sit on the edge of the bed and whimper at the cramping in my abdomen. The bloat was so bad that I just wanted to give up and call in fat. I mean sick.

Then there was the laundry issue. I've been very lax with the laundry, so all I had to wear were a few skirts & dresses, all of which necessitated the wearing of hose. To make matters worse, I only had Control Top pantyhose, which squeezed the bloat in my abdomen into a lovely and attractive spare tire above my skirt's elastic waistband. Loose top, looser button down shirt over top of that, and I still felt fat. Well, fatter.

I was moving slow, so I was into work 5 minutes later than usual, putting various feathers in a bunch. It's amazing what havoc 5 minutes can wreak.

About halfway through the day, I realized I just wasn't going to make it. I talked to my assistant Principal, who gave me permission to go on home. I think the naked face helped - I really do look ill when I don't wear makeup.

At home, with a heating pad and a megadose of Aleve, I reaped another benefit of Aunt Flo's visit: the watershed. After retaining water for two days, I found myself leaking liquids from every possible orifice - tears, snot, sweat, among others - as the water sought a way out of my body. Ready to just end my life in a dramatic fulminating shower of bodily fluids, I had a good whiny pity party and ate chocolate. Naps a-plenty followed. As did a dinner heavy on the beef (to replace the iron what I've been losing) and greasy saltiness (because I already catered to the chocolate craving portion of Aunt Flo's visit). Meatball sub and Old Bay fries - possibly Aunt Flo's favorite dinner.

I feel better now, and am just about rid of that nasty old slag Aunt Flo.

Thank God, else I'd write really disgusting posts.

8 Comments:

  • Good on you.

    Sometimes there's nothing to do but indulge the old bat.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 9:14 AM  

  • Is Aunt Flo an American euphemism for something?

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 10:26 AM  

  • Sounds like the same thing as when granny comes to stay.

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 10:47 AM  

  • What are you talking about? Is it your period or something? Why don't you just say so? We use the delicate euphemism "butcher's slab", well I do, I don't know about anybody else.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 1:22 PM  

  • Geez, this is some harsh shit, yo. Hope you don't mind a guy's comment here. I won't get slapped, will I?

    BTW, Browein, hope you're felling better. We missed you at happy hour yesterday sweetie. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:21 PM  

  • Yes, Tina, you've got it. I'm on the rag, having the painters in, riding the cotton pony, surfing the crimson tide, etc...

    Dave, have I ever slapped you? I didn't check my messages until too late. I could've drowned Aunt Flo in tequila!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:48 PM  

  • Bro: I wasn't necessarily worried about you, babe. Just the others in here! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:32 AM  

  • Ever try Diurex? Take a few extra for a few days before and during and force that water out! You may still have the cramps, but the button on your pants won't pinch your skin. Works for me...
    As for the five minutes of lateness--proof you're really, really, needed.

    By Blogger Shy, At 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home