Peevish

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Weekend update

In a revolutionary move, my parents, who normally plan three years in advance, had to cancel their outing with Miss Peanut and changed it to an overnight this coming Friday. While the overnight is a far better deal, as it provides time alone with the WCM, it meant that I didn't get my free time today.

So, it was quality time with Miss Peanut today. Market, Costco, Craft stores, children's TV, handwriting workbook, improvisational dance - we did it all. I swear, I love that kid so much it's nauseating. I didn't mind the change in plans so much because I'll have a day to myself on Friday, when the State Teacher's Inservice is. I don't have to go, and I'm every happy about it. I've worked out my itinerary. Here it is, for your inspection:
  • Be awakened by Miss Peanut, 7:15 am, two hours later than usual.
  • Get Peanut dressed, get myself dressed-ish - it doesn't matter what I wear, as it will all be coming off when I get home so I can jump back into my jammies and be comfy - and get out the door.
  • Hit the Dunkin Donuts for a large iced coffee. Get Miss Peanut a donut.
  • Drop Miss Peanut off at nursery school.
  • Drive to the video store and rent Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Sing all the way home at the top of my lungs.
  • Watch the movie. Try to make sense of it. Try not to be irritated when it deviates from the book. Because it will. They always do.
  • Call out for Chinese food for lunch. General Tso's chicken, pork fried rice, egg roll. Have enough leftovers for dinner, too.
  • Start reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes.
  • Pick up Miss Peanut, and deliver her to her Grandparents' house.
  • return home, read some more.
  • Ignore the return of the WCM until he gets in a lather over my not having dinner ready.
  • Fix the wanker some eggs. Eat the Chinese leftovers.
  • Read, read, read. Sigh a big sigh over Jamie Fraser. Wish he were real. Wish he fancied chubby american women. Wish he were here.
  • NOOKIE! With WCM. Not Jamie. Damn.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ooooh, Jamie! Just there, yes! Yes! YESZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Looks like fun, doesn't it? Hope it all happens. Stay tuned for the salacious details!

8 Comments:

  • It sounds like a wonderful day. I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Recovering Packrat, At 2:58 AM  

  • Sounds perfick!






    oh verifier says xxxsfiwn.
    Triple x eh?

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 5:12 PM  

  • Chinese food, superb. DELIVERED Chinese food, excellent!

    By Blogger garfer, At 4:07 PM  

  • I am LOVING the new Jamie and Claire book...sadly I am almost at the end. Why can it not just go on and on?

    By Blogger Whinger, At 5:04 PM  

  • I know! I haven't so much as cracked it open yet because I want a whole uninterrupted day to just fall in and wallow.

    Have you read the Lord John book? I really liked that one, too.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:08 PM  

  • Well, it might be perfect if you manage to get another trip to Costco in there.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 1:41 PM  

  • I DID read the Lord John book, but was disappointed. Mostly because it wasn't Claire and Jamie.

    By Blogger Whinger, At 1:55 PM  

  • Damn...now I want Chinese food.

    Hope it all went well! :)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home