Peevish

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Random Musings

How pissed must the members of the Violent Femmes be that their angsty anthem “Blister in the Sun” is now being used to sell a sandwich at a fast-food chain?

*************

So, is the chubby curly-haired Chris on American Idol growing on any of you? He’s my kind of quirky. Nothing like rooting for the obvious underdog, eh? I think Randy agrees with me. Welcome to the Dawg Pound, dude! Simon, though, for once he and I are not in synch. I must have a thing for the Chris on American Idol, because I have Chris Daughtry’s album from last season, and let me tell you something: He’s the real fucking deal! The whole album is incredible. Buy it, you won’t be sorry. (of course, this presupposes that you are a fan of the hard-driving, guitar-heavy, metal-inspired music that brings me in a warm rush!)

Did the ladies bring it on Idol, or what?! Dayam! I was a tad disheartened by the showing the gentlemen put on yesterday, I’ll admit. The ladies,though – Whoooo! Fan-freaking-tastic! And LaKisha? Damn, girl, you can sing!

*******************

Pissed at Trader Joe’s is my current mood. They’ve discontinued my favorite snack: soytzels. These tasty, extra-crunchy soy pretzels had one gram of protein in EACH PRETZEL. As a protein fiend, these were the best thing since, wait, does bread actually come already sliced?! I’ve had to search the internet (the source of all goodness) for more soy pretzels. Not much luck, unless I want to buy in bulk. I’ve tried the Newman’s Own brand of protein enriched pretzel – good, but not enough protein for the serving size. Boring, this is. Moving on, I’ll be. Yoda, I sound like.

******************

Do you know what’s a great – if totally made-up – word? Misconscrobulated. It’s a conflation of misconstrued and discombobulated. Isn’t it wonderful? I think it exactly conveys the feeling I get whenever I try to explain something that completely comes out wrong. It's one of my Dad's forays into wordsmithing. I think it works, how about you?

3 Comments:

  • That word is supercalifragilisticexpealidotious

    Try saying it after you've had a couple of sherries.

    By Blogger garfer, At 7:42 PM  

  • that's a great word ....I get misconstrued and discombobulated on a regular basis!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, At 10:05 PM  

  • waaaaait i want to go back to the trader joe's soy pretzels....i thought i'd get over it, and despite the flax chips, i'm still missing my pretzels. i emailed tjoes asking for the manufacturer, but they said no way. does anyone have a bag laying around somewhere so i can call the maker??!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home