Peevish

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Miss Peanut experiences Black History Month

Miss Peanut has experienced a fair amount of diversity in her short life. She's attended two daycare centers - TT and BH. I had started her at BH and was very happy with it until I experienced some philosophical differences with the Pre-K teacher. I switched her to TT at that point. When she entered Kindergarten this year, I changed her back to BH. Funnily enough, the teacher that I'd had issues with at BH was fired, and turned up where? You guessed it - TT.

Well, tonight, during our snuggles at bedtime, Miss Peanut told me that she wanted to go back to TT and she wanted to take her friend Clo with her. The reason? Clo has never seen any "brown people." Apparently, Miss Peanut has noticed the lack of diversity in her Kindergarten and BH classrooms. According to her, "there aren't as many brown people" in her classes now as there were at TT.

Funny what little kids notice, huh?

1 Comments:

  • We didn't have any brown or black or yellow people at my school in the 1970s. We were taught all about diversity without even knowing it I suppose. I'm sure it's much nicer to experience growing up with lots of different types of people.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home