Peevish

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Vacation blahs

You wouldn't think that since I work full-time outside of the home that I would get bored during a week-long vacation. Honestly, given the fact that I work with 13-year-olds day in and day out, I'd be savoring my free time like a wino with a flask of ripple. But, no. Now I'm bored. I almost did housework today to relieve the tedium. Yeah, almost. I'm bored, not crazy.

I bought a great book today - Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's part of her Dark Hunter series. I just love those deeply tormented heroes who are brought back to life by a caring, yet spunky, heroine. Recently, I've been really into this paranormal romance genre. I also picked up Kelley Anderson's Bitten, and enjoyed it. This one's about a female werewolf who has to rejoin her pack. I'm waiting on Kim Hamilton's next - her follow-up to Dead Witch Walking. Laurell K. Hamilton also has one coming soon in her Merry Gentry series that I have got to get. Waiting for the next JD Robb futuristic mystery is killing me! But, not as much as waiting for A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. This woman is amazing. I started reading her work in 1992 with Outlander and have impatiently waited for all of her books to be published. She's a goddess among authors.

Yeah, I do love to read, and not just romances, either. I read everything from Harry Potter (which I love) to Jane Austen to Emile Zola to Nora Roberts and back again. I'm not exceptionally fond of reading science fiction, although I love watching it on TV. I don't get to do much of that anymore, though, with the short person in the house. We are a Noggin household. Oh, what's Noggin, you say? A channel full of pre-school programming. While I don't officially approve of plonking your child down in front of a TV and letting them vegetate there, I do like some of the programs on Noggin, as they actually teach something while they entertain. One of my favorites is Oobi. You'll have to check it out. Me, I've got a book to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home