Peevish

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Book Review, sort of.

I read a pretty good book yesterday - Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts. It had a good story, great character development, and was an overall great read.

The only thing that I couldn't quite get over was the name of one of the characters: John Minger.

I wouldn't have thought twice about this before I started reading Tina's blog. Now I can't help but think of other names just like it. Tom Tosser? Willy Wanker? Tammy Twat?

Still, if you like romance novels, you should give it a read.

3 Comments:

  • Finishing a book feels good....

    I just finished Angels and Demons, the first book by the DaVinci's Code guy. It was good, but being someone who must eat while reading, I consumed about a mega-gram of Cheez-It's during the course of this book.

    (PS: 1 Mg = 1 x 10^6g = 1000 kg = I'm a fucking dork)nor

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:12 AM  

  • Minger? You'd have thought their editor would've warned them about that one.

    Angels and Demon's was OK until about 8pm in the story, then it just got ridiculous.

    Then again, reading that book was one of the things that compelled me to go to Rome this autumn, so Mr Brown must've done something right.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 8:05 AM  

  • I read A&D a couple of weeks ago, as I loved the DaVinci Code and wanted to catch up on all of Dan Brown.

    Eh.

    It was good, but just a little preachy if you'll pardon the pun. I liked the DaVinci code better.

    A Breath of Snow and Ashes, now, THERE'S a book!

    (Sorry Taylor, I don't think you'd like it - girls only)

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home