Peevish

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Yes or No revealed!

Iced Coffee
Absolutely YES! Every morning I go to Dunkin Donuts and get a large iced
coffee with cream and sugar. I'm right particular about how it's prepared,
too. See, I like the cream mixed in before the sugar goes in. Then,
I just like them to dump the sugar on top and let it sift through the ice cubes
to the bottom of the cup. I don't like it stirred, either, as I feel like
the gritty sugar in each sip of coffee is a treat.

Tidiness
No. I just can't manage it. I'll clean when I have to, but I just can't manage to get things put away every day. Erma Bombeck said that tidying your house when your children were still at home was like shoveling snow in the middle of a snowstorm, or something like that. I agree. There's plenty of time for tidiness when it's just the WCM and me. Or just me.

Jessica Simpson
NO. I feel so bad for Nick. She's such a vapid, shallow, vacuous, self-centered twat. Plus, she can't sing. Her songs are like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Rainy days
YES. Now that fall has begun proper here, we've had a spate of rainy days. I love listening to the rain, watching it sluice down the hill in front of my house, and feeling the drops on the hood of my raincoat. Call it a throwback to my Welsh ancestry, but I love to feel the rain in the summertime. And the fall, too.

Kingdom of Heaven (movie)
Maybe. I haven't seen it yet, but considering that this is one of my favorite periods of history and it features Orlando Bloom (who is a BIG YES), it's bound to be decent. I'm renting it next Friday, when I'll have a day off.

Office Supplies
Oh, GOD YES!!! I will wander the aisles of Office Depot or Staples for fun, just fantasizing over the office I could put together. I love Post-it notes, and the tape flags! Tape flags, people! One of my favorite things in the world! Ooooh! And white out in a roller - ingenious! Aaaahh! Pens, pencils, markers, clipboards, desk calendars, stackable in-boxes!!! Yes, YES, YES!!!

I need a cigarette.

Buy one, get one free
Yes, if it's something I'd buy anyway. What I HATE about the BOGO, is when it's used to sell off useless crap that nobody wants in the first place. Like, here - if you've taken one of these shite items off our hands, we'll give you another one to show our appreciation.

That's what I think. I'm going to peruse the Office Depot circular now in the privacy of my bedroom.

3 Comments:

  • Very interesting post here, Mrs. D

    On the topic of Jessica Simpson, Dave Attell, (the comedian who did Insomniac on Comedy Central), made a fucking brilliant joke on a recent televised show from Las Vegas:

    "I don't care who you are; everybody's had a Jessica Simpson fantasy! Here's mine: 'Jessica, hold your sister Ashlee down while I kick her in the throat.'"

    (About as intellectual as a Jackass episode, but funny all the same!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:54 PM  

  • 1. Nah. Hot coffee rocks.
    2. Totally. You know me: Mr. Anal. And not that way! ;-)
    3. 100% YESSSS!!! At least for one night, natch!
    4. Agreement! I dig rainy days too. But no more than three in a row. Then I get too maudlin.
    5. Huh?
    6. I prefer a used comic shop.
    7. Agreement!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:51 PM  

  • Jessica Simpson. Never a truer word has been spoken. You echo my thoughts exactly.

    Iced coffee, not so sure. It has to be a REALLY nice one and there ain't many of those around to be found.

    As for Orlando Bloom - Are you on drugs? Urrrrrrgh!

    *vomits*
    *38 times*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home