Peevish

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

to Maxwell Franklin Kyer, with love

Dear Max,

Welcome to the world, little man!

I know that it seems like a cold, bright place right now, but you're so safe and loved within your mama's arms. She's one of my dearest friends, and has waited a long time for you. You're a lucky wee one, too, as she's smart, funny, and generous, with a hefty dose of Yankee know-how. She's got grit, gumption, and a great heart. Your daddy, though I don't know him as well, is a smart man, too, and will be your hero and role-model throughout your life. Looking at the picture of your parents holding you and smiling, practically bursting with love for you just melts my heart.

You're a special fellow, young Max, and will undoubtedly keep your doting parents on their toes for your first few years. Not that you'll get away with much - your parents are much too clever for that. I think you'll know the meaning of a well-arched eyebrow by the time you're two. But all the things that they can teach you, baby, I hope you learn them. I know they'll instill a love of fiction and the importance of imagination. You'll never lack for a game to play during your childhood, either. They'll also show you the glories of music, both listening to it and creating it yourself. Your mom's no slouch on the piano. Your dad will help you discover the world of science and history, and will no doubt make it seem like the most fun ever with his talent for storytelling. Your mom may try to teach you German - I bet she's already tried out ein, zwei, drei on your tiny niblet toes. I'd be disappointed if she hadn't. You've got some wonderful parents, little Max. I hope that one day, after you're past the trying teenage years, you get to know them for the unique and fascinating people that they truly are.

With lots of love and kisses,

Auntie Bronwen

4 Comments:

  • What a sweet introduction to the world for the little fellow.

    By Blogger Whinger, At 11:27 AM  

  • Um...for once, I am speechless. And crying of course.

    Thank you for such a wonderful welcome for my perfect little one. We are truly honored by your lyrical words. All three of us. I can't wait for little Max to meet his Auntie (and cousin Rhiannon).

    -
    Momma Melanie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:53 PM  

  • I mean it. All of it.

    I'm shooting for January in Charleston. I call first dibs on cuddling the little cutie!

    My dad said, and I quote "He's a cute little fellow, with a cute wee mouth all pursed up and blonde hair."

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:01 PM  

  • So you've got a PICTURE?

    I'm still waiting... (sniff) And she even mentioned having digital photos to send, when I talked to her two days after he was born.

    Can I send you my e-mail address, Bronwyn? :D

    ~Margie (Melanie's sister)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home