Peevish

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tagged

I am IT, baby!

The lovely Tuna Girl tagged me with this.

4 jobs you've held

1. Teacher - I teach French (and sometimes Spanish) to 7th & 8th graders. It has its challenges, but overall, it's a great gig.
2. Secretary - I was a temp during summers and my two years of fruitless job searching (when a French teacher gets a job, they keep it until the Grim Reaper pries it from their cold, dead fingers. Or they retire or move. Whichever comes first). I fucking HATED being a temporary Secretary - the last time I did it, I had just gotten a Masters Degree in French Literature, for fuck's sake, and was working for morons. Sorry to sound like a snob, but there it is.
3. Copy editor - for a major pharmaceutical company. I loved that job, but it was a temp gig, too.
4. Camp counselor - at two different camps. I was usually given the 5 1/2 year old girls. We played "beauty shop" all morning some days, because they all had long hair which no one ever ran a brush through.

4 places you've lived
This one is hard, as I've not really lived many places. Sooooooo,

1. Ridley Park, Pennsylvania - for my first 6 months, until my parents moved.
2. Wilmington, Delaware - where I live currently
3. Newark, Delaware - for my first year of University
4. Angers, France - for 5 weeks one summer, far too short, in my opinion.

4 movies you'd watch over and over
1. Pride and Prejudice - A&E version, with Colin Firth. Ahhhhhhhh.
2. The Full Monty
3. French Kiss - just to see France again.
4. The Thomas Crown Affair (the Pierce Brosnan remake) - I want to be Kathryn Banning when I grow up.

4 TV Shows I watch
1. Survivor
2. American Idol
3. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
4. Clean House - 'cause Niecy Nash cracks me up!

4 sites I visit every day
1. everyone on my blogroll - seriously
2. see number 1
3. see number 2
4. see number 3

4 places I'd rather be right now
1. getting a long Swedish massage
2. Anywhere, France
3. Starbucks, anywhere, with unlimited Venti Iced Caffe Mocha
4. In a window seat, in a library, in a castle, in Wales, in the rain.

4 people I'm going to tag with this:
so many peole have done this by now, that I don't know who's done it and who hasn't. So, if you've already done this and I tag you, my apologies.

1. Not Well Planned
2. Whinger
3. Butterflies on the Wind
4. Rubber Hose

6 Comments:

  • One of the millions of foreign exchange students who lived with my family was from Angers!

    She was such a horrible, snotty, bitch (similar to the other two Frenchies who lived amongst us for a year), but I adored her for it (similar to the other two Frenchies who lived amongst us for a year).

    Her parents were some sort of D-list diplomats and my sis stayed with them for a couple of weeks and has a great shot of a costume party they attended where the mom was dressed as a pot of daisies and the dad was dressed as a watering can.

    Further, as I recall, her dad would send us massive quantities of homemade (by him) marmelade on a regular basis.

    God bless Angers.

    Once, by some lucky stroke of the Eurorail, me, my sis, Anne-Laure (of Angers), and Ju-Ju of Lille found ourselves together in London. Ju and A-L spent the entire two days on the verge of an "I want to be cool, French and aloof, but I also want you to be very aware that my American sisters love me more than they love you." cat fight. It was awesome.

    They were uncharacteristically excessively nice to us for the entire 48 hours. We tried very hard to break them down by testing their loyalties, especially as it related to their very refined fashion senses..."What do you think Juliette, should I wear my white Nikes to the disco or do you think the grey Adidas high tops would be better?" She had no choice but to bite her tongue and show the love.

    Ju kept making thinly veiled cracks about A-L's snooty, sort of Versailles-ish, accent. A-L kept alluding to the fact that Ju was almost not French at all but basically a Belgian.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 10:30 PM  

  • yay! Thanks for playing.

    I spent every summer during college as a temp secretary on an Air Force base. It was the most boring thing I've ever had to do. Some days I did nothing but read romance novels.

    By Blogger Tuna Girl, At 10:31 PM  

  • Hmmmm...we'll see if I have nothing to write tomorrow. If not, apparently it's meme time.

    That aside, I got the book! And now I must go to read it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:37 PM  

  • Hmmmm...suspicious Frenchie lover tendencies on display.

    By Blogger garfer, At 2:59 PM  

  • *squeals* I've been tagged!!!

    ...<_<......>_>... Was that me squealing? *blushes* Oops.

    *looks up at list again* Would you believe that I have a 10 year old that still doesn't think that a brush should touch her hair? It's a challenge. I keep threatening to cut it all of, but I haven't followed through...yet.

    By Blogger Recovering Packrat, At 9:48 PM  

  • What's a Yank doing learning French anyway? Very odd. Why don't you just move to Quebec and you won't have a problem finding a job.

    Oh...and show off... speaking French and Spanish.

    By Blogger pissoff, At 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home