Peevish

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I have taken leave of my senses

You know when you get really pissed off and you say things you shouldn't? Like I did yesterday? Well, sometimes other people get really upset with you.

One of my coworkers is giving me the miffed treatment for the way I spoke to T. Bone yesterday. I totally understand it, because this woman is like a mother to me and I really shouldn't have "gone there" with T. Bone. I should have maintained my composure and dignity and remembered that I was the adult in the situation. Hopefully, T. Bone will be out of here in a couple of weeks and I will be off the hook.

On the bright side, now that I've made my one big mistake for the year, everything else should come up trumps, right?

5 Comments:

  • Oh really? You regret it?

    I don't think you should. You're possibly the only adult who has made a connection with him all year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:49 PM  

  • Well, I certainly regret my colleague being pissed off at me ;) And while I don't exactly regret my outburst, I regret not maintaining my professionalism.

    T. Bone is a challenge. Anyone, as another colleague said, including my colleague, who has not had him in class has no right to criticize losing your temper with him.

    Oh well. Whatever.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 3:48 PM  

  • Shitstorm or not, you have now officially achieved the title of coolest French teacher in the known universe.

    Damn, I wish that you had thrown one of those to Reece or Blaine in 8th grade, they might've learned something.

    :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:19 PM  

  • Eh, it'll pass....eventually.

    It just sucks (no pun intended) that it may take a while.

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 8:02 AM  

  • Considering that "student's" background, I don't blame you one damn bit. And f*** your colleague for reprimanding you, no matter who it was. Especially if they knew the kid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home