Peevish

Friday, January 06, 2006

Toast, mmmmmm

Tina over at Cakesniffers Beware is having a bit of a snit over a toaster. Yes, a toaster.

As a married woman, I've never owned a toaster. Instead, I have a toaster oven. It's a small oven mounted above my counter that allows me to make delicious toast and bake small things in it. It's good for French Bread Pizza and small casseroles. Really small casseroles.

Here it is, my Black and Decker Toaster Oven:

And here's a picture of the lovely snack I had after the toaster oven did its magic:


Mmmmmm. Cracking toast. Milky tea.

5 Comments:

  • Oooooh -- it's even undermounted!

    Fancy.

    By Blogger Whinger, At 10:33 PM  

  • You've never owned a toaster? Deary me. You've missed out on nothing though.

    A toaster oven - I thought only poor deprived and pinniless students owned such things.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:46 AM  

  • That's a similar setup to our "top oven". Our cooker has two ovens: the main one, and a smaller one above it that incorporates the grill.

    Toaster oven. Whatever next?

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 5:09 AM  

  • Can I have the import rights?

    That looks like the ideal device for reheating a kebab.

    By Blogger garfer, At 3:28 PM  

  • Sniff!
    I've *always* wanted a toaster oven. I have only ever had a toaster-- and a kind of neat vintage one at that (one of the space age looking toasterrs from the 50's-- used to belong to my grandmother and still is going strong). However, my sister in law fought with it when visiting last month and thus decided to buy me a MEGA-toaster for Christmas. There go my dreams of toaster-oven-ownership. This new black-n-decker toast-o-rama is marvelous, but will probably last a long time and leave me with no need for a toaster oven. Just a want. Oh well. Enjoy your toast and tea. I have some lovely jam to go with it. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home