Peevish

Saturday, December 31, 2005

One year

I've been at this blogging thing for a year now. Happy Birthday, Suburban Decay!

Looking over the last years' posts, I've found a few that I'm proud of, but most of them are kind of goofy. A bit like me, I guess. It took me a while to find my place in the blogosphere, such as it is.

I mean, I'm a teacher, but this isn't an EduBlog, like Mamacita's. I rarely write about teaching, or my students, for fear of being Dooced. I'm interested in politics, but this isn't a political blog, like Jeremy's or Dave's. Occasionally, I rant, but this doesn't even come close to the rantings of the Sniffy One. I talk a lot about Miss Peanut, but this isn't really a MommyBlog, like Melissa's or Yvonne's, both of which make me giggle on a daily basis. I mean, they talk about "mom ass" and "pachinas." How can you not love that?

Occasionally, I can be clever or witty, but I don't approach Herge, Garfer, or Sarah (or Sarah, but I'm apparently unworthy and she won't talk to me. Guilty conscience, anyone?).

My blogroll is a mish-mash of styles. Eclectic doesn't even begin to cover it. I guess that's because it reflects my personality. Multifaceted. Or Schizophrenic, perhaps.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.

It's been fun, this year of opening my personality to the world. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, either. Mercury must be in retrograde, though, because I'm frightfully inarticulate tonight.

I guess what I'm trying very clumsily to say is "Thank you for this really neat year." And may you all have a happy and productive 2006.

5 Comments:

  • You're way too qioyw'in flattering, lady!

    Thanks to you too and happy new year!

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 9:48 AM  

  • I love my pachina! ha!

    Happy New Year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:31 AM  

  • Congratulations - yay for Suburban Decay!

    By Blogger Whinger, At 12:05 PM  

  • And not to mention that in the past year you've ventured to use the word "Fuck" and other like words on occasion. Congratulations Ms Decay and a big Happy New Year to you.

    By Blogger pissoff, At 5:34 PM  

  • Happy Blogday and New Year

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home