Peevish

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Busy Bee, revisited

So I've been Christmas shopping recently. What a madhouse! Where, you ask? Every-fucking-where!

Due to snow and me being a piss-poor driver in the white stuff, I stayed in on Friday. Saturday night, though, I braved the crowds and waded through bargains to bring home the loot. I went to Target (and I LOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOVVEE Target!) for toys and games for Miss Peanut. Then, I hit the mall for the rest of my crazy clan. I got almost everything done, but I had to deal with people claustrophobia to do it.

See, I don't fear small spaces - although I have to say after having had an MRI, I recommend the optional Valium beforehand - but being boxed in by people makes me freak out in the ugliest way. I get sweaty, clammy, and lightheaded. Then I get rude and start shoving. Huge bodybuilder, frail grandmother, small child, I really don't care - just keep it moving and get the hell out of my way!

But I digress. This year, I communed with my inner geek by entering all my purchases in a spreadsheet when I got home, with itemized subtotals for each gift recipient. So far, Miss Peanut is in the lead, followed closely by the WCM. There's even a total column so I can see exactly how far in the hole I am this year.

More shopping later this week. Can you stand the excitement?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home