Peevish

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Why do I do this to myself?

I vacuumed today.

Before you get all "Duh" on me, let me elaborate: I vacuumed the kitchen ceiling today. Go ahead. Goggle at my skills, people, 'cause I've got 'em.

I have what an obnoxious vacuum salesperson once called "a dirt problem." I have a dog hair problem. I have a dust problem. I have an aversion-to-housecleaning problem. My kind of housecleaning is where you sweep the room with a glance.

I've been in a cleaning frenzy now since Thanksgiving. This is because I'm hosting a Pampered Chef party on Wednesday, where I've invited colleagues from work, family members, and friends. Naturally, I ran a critical eye over my kitchen and was appalled at the dust streamers hanging from the ceiling and dripping from the blades on the ceiling fan. I've invited over 50 women to my house, and there's dust dripping from the one place that I didn't think to clean. I mean, who looks at the kitchen ceiling, anyway?

So I vacuumed the ceiling, the ceiling fan, and the walls of my kitchen. I've taken vacuuming to the next level chez moi. Let's hope these bitches appreciate my clean house.

4 Comments:

  • Oh, ftzyhruo, how I wish I had that sort of compulsion.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 8:33 PM  

  • Pampered Chef is a company that sells a huge variety of kitchen gadgets, pots, pans, casseroles, etc. They reel you in by making you have home parties and giving you merchandise based on how many orders you get.

    I admit to loving their gadgets, henceforth, the party...

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:25 AM  

  • I am a vacuum addict. Just call. It pleases me.

    By Blogger Whinger, At 2:38 PM  

  • I see said the blindman.

    I hate those home party deals. Can't stand them. However, if you offered me free food I probably would have showed up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home