Peevish

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Money Changes Everything

With apologies to Cyndi Lauper, damn! Money has been doing strange things around me recently.

First, I got a huge check in the mail from my insurance company to pay my surgeon. It's not often that I have a check for fifteen thousand dollars in my hand. I was tempted to run off to Tahiti and try to live on it, but decided to do the right thing and pay the man.

Then today, well, today was a doozy. The WCM (World's Cheapest Man) went out and dropped five bills on a GPS unit today.

Yeah, five hundred dollars. This is unprecedented in our 18-year relationship. Of course, being the WCM, he did tell me about it before he bought it, but he still bought it. I guess he's going to join the geocaching set now - you know, those idiots who go treasure-hunting with their GPS units for a buried tupperware container containing goodies? Oy vey.

Next thing, I get to my mother's house, and she hands me a check for, well, a lot of money. No specifics here, but it could buy six GPS units. It was part of my mother's inheritance from my grandmother. Now, I know that it's less than my cousins got (because I know exactly how much my mother and aunt got, and that my aunt split her money equally between her 3 kids - my aunt told me everything), but with my mother, I count myself lucky to have gotten anything at all.

See, that's the trick to dealing with my mother - you expect nothing, and then when you get something, you're delightedly surprised. And, boy, was I delightedly surprised today. So, now I have the headache of how to use this money. Tahiti is looking better and better.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • How to use the money, eh? Well, you likely need a whole new wardrobe, for starters, right?

    I vote for coming to Charleston to buy it. THat kills two birds (at least)-- visiting us, and retail therapy. Both highly laudable goals. :-D

    Oh, and of course, your favorite snugglebuddy has a birthday coming up. *GRIN*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:12 PM  

  • Oooooh! Does this mean we can all expect nice expensive Crimbo gifts?

    I'd like a diamond.

    A small one will suffice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:46 AM  

  • Mel - well of course my little snugglebunny will get something. I can't neglect my boyfriend!

    Piggy - I need your address if I'm to send you anything for Crimbo. Even your email address would do, as I have a cracking Halloween card for you.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 2:14 PM  

  • Forget sending diamonds to me, small or large.


    credit card details will do nicely.

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home