Peevish

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Points to Ponder

Point number one: how come I can do 30 minutes at a quick walk on a treadmill with no trouble, but 10 minutes on the elliptical machine totally kick my ass? I swear, my quads were screaming yesterday, the day after the elliptical machine workout. That fucker is hard!

Today, they were down to mere moans and groans, so I went back into the gym and did the treadmill and half the Nautilus circuit. I try to do half on alternate days, because I'm just beginning and a total schlub. Today was the upper body workout. This leads to Point number two: I wonder, if the elliptical machine, being primarily a lower-body workout, kicked my ass, then did the upper-body workout I had today kick my tits?

So, after my "workout," - which I have to put in quotes, because Point number three is clearly: can someone as chubby as me, who has next to zero athletic endurance call what I do a "workout?" - I went shopping. (I think that sentence wins a run-on award!) Point to ponder number four is: how come I can fit in clothes that are marked with 3 different sizes? Not to sport with your intelligence by telling you what sizes they are, but if I have a garment that's size X, one that's size Y, and another that's size Z, how come they're all fitting me the same? Damn clothing manufacturers! People are always yelling about standardization in education - I wish someone would standardize women's dress sizes!

These are just a few of the thoughts that have kept me occupied today. The mind boggles, eh?

3 Comments:

  • I am totally with you on the 3 different size thing. It drives me out of my mind. I'd love to think that I am really the lowest number, but deep down, I know that I am actually the highest number, and THAT depresses the hell out of me. I also know that the lowest number manufacturers are just trying to boost my self-confidence to get me to buy their clothes. Ack!

    I have to try everything on, which sucks because I love nothing more than drunk online shopping. :)

    Sorry for rambling.

    By Blogger smizzo, At 10:26 PM  

  • Have you tried Tantric sex yet?

    It's a sure fire calorie buster (or so I've heard).

    Failing that, I suppose you could piggy back some illegals across the Rio Grande.

    By Blogger garfer, At 7:04 PM  

  • Tantric sex? Do I look like Trudie Styler? I should be so lucky.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home