Peevish

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Another nail in my coffin...

Ok, so I probably have that Mother of the Year award in the bag after today's installment:

How redneck is it to have your 5-year old daughter sing along with Alan Jackson?

And even better, here are the lyrics that came out of her mouth, with an adorable lisp and fake twang:
"Pour me something tall and strong
Make it a Hurricane
Before I go insane.

It's only half-past twelve
But I don't care.
It's five o'clock somewhere"

I'm tellin' y'all - Mutha Mother of the Year. It could be worse, though. She could be singing my favorite song by DaVinci's Notebook.

3 Comments:

  • The boy was singing a song from Cheaper by the Dozen. It was referring to being in a teenage nightmare. I've seen that movie at least 3 times & I don't remember the song. Kids pick up on the smallest details. urgh!

    By Blogger M, At 4:39 PM  

  • Nothing wrong with Alan Jackson. Yum.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, At 4:29 PM  

  • My almost four-year-old stood in the middle of the July 4 celebration amongst all the unlaws and invited guests and said, "Let's all have beer." My partner and I believed he meant root beer but those Mormons in the crowd just made another mark next to our names in their book.

    By Blogger Morgan, At 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home