Peevish

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Update

Clearance for surgery - check
Childcare arranged - check
Bag packed - check
days to go - 4
freaking out - in progress...

I can only relate this to childbirth, as it's the only other major medical event I've experienced:

There was lots of fun had, which got me in this state - conception
There have been months of work, planning, and preparation for this event, while getting fatter and fatter - gestation
There have been myriad invasive medical tests and procedures - the many doctor visits
There will be a short, painful stay in the hospital, where I will enjoy lots of pharmaceutical pain relief while I am relieved of my burden - childbirth
There will be an acclimation period, where the small new being will only consume liquids and soft foods and will require constant care and monitoring - infancy

So, 'scuse me while I break out my blankie and teddy bear, while I freak out for 4 more days.

7 Comments:

  • Holy cow woman... what's going on? I'll be sending you good vibes for a quick recovery.

    By Blogger pissoff, At 12:24 AM  

  • go bronwen go! go bronwen go! go bronwen go!

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 7:05 AM  

  • *sits quietly, doing the wave* ;)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 9:22 AM  

  • *faints*

    Childbirth? I don't know what you wimmin whine about. Kidney stones are much worse.

    Childbirths just like having a big poo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:41 PM  

  • Spoken just like a man, Piggy...

    Although I have heard that the pain of kidney stones is comparable to childbirth.

    Thanks for the well-wishes, guys!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:53 PM  

  • What did I miss? Yikes! Best wishes Bronwen :-)

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, At 11:16 AM  

  • Having been on the passing end of kidney stones, I don't think I'd like to go through childbirth.

    Same pain, different place I suppose.

    *winces*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home