Peevish

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cunctation*

The above word was my "Word of the Day" from the Merriam-Webster dictionary people. It means "a delay," which seems to be what I have been doing around here: delaying.

The return to school was eventful, as there was a lot of drama surrounding one of our students. Without going into detail, I'll say that he generates a lot of negative energy and was rumored to have made some *as yet unsubstantiated* threats against the whole school building. All of this happened with the arrival of our new Principal. Welcome to our school, dude.

I got an even bigger shock when I realized that there are about 16 "teachable" days still left in our school year. I say teachable, because even though there are about 25 official days left, about 9 of those are taken up with field trips, finals week, and state testing. So I have 16 days to get through the last and most interesting unit - food. Wish me luck!

I will be really very glad to see the backs of a few of my students. There are some that are just never satisfied - I don't give out enough treats or I don't play enough games, or they have waaaaaaay more homework than the Spanish class does, or French class is boring and way too hard! They are all boys, go figure. Spoiled, snotty little rich kids is what they are. Mind you, these are the same kids that will come back to see me next year and tell me how much they miss me. I will laugh politely up my sleeve.

Then, there are a bunch of students - the majority, really - that I will be very sad to see go. I have a great group of kids in general, this year, and am really scared for next year. I have the feeling that I'll be teaching a lot of Seventh grade next year...

Oh well, whatever comes, I hope it comes speedily, without cunctation.

*why do I giggle and think of Sniffy when I say/read/type this word?

5 Comments:

  • Cunctation sound rude. It sounds like the kind of practise that Piggy and Tazzy would revel in.

    By Blogger garfer, At 10:21 AM  

  • Sounds like a dirty word to me...;)

    I'm going to use it and then not tell people what it means! ;)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 11:32 AM  

  • yes it does sound rude and naughty. well done.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, At 5:36 PM  

  • Go wash your mouth out!

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 8:01 PM  

  • Garfy's right. We like the sound of 'cunctation'. I wonder if we can think of a position for it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home