Peevish

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The things I have to do...

I've cleaned her butt. I've wiped her snotty nose. I've picked crust out of the corners of her eyes. The things I do for Miss Peanut are many and frequently icky. But I do them, because I am her Mother and it is my job.

The most recent, though, is the funniest.

This weekend, while waiting for Nana to show up at the mall (practically an hour late, mind you - the woman has as much sense of time as the average catfish - but I digress), Miss Peanut and I strolled past a nail salon. I figured it would be a neat diversion for the little one to have her fingernails painted. She agreed.

We chose a light pink polish, and Miss Peanut settled into the huge padded chair, feet dangling off the edge. She watched, fascinated grin on her face, while the tiny Asian lady filed her nails and began to apply the polish. Four coats of polish later (base, two color, and top), Miss Peanut slid off the chair, hands held out from her sides, wrists cocked up to avoid any accidental contact, and wiggled her derriere at me.

"Mommy, can you get my wedgie?"

Manicure - $5
tip - $1
picking out your daughter's wedgie - priceless

10 Comments:

  • Yep... what you won't do for your offspring.

    By Blogger pissoff, At 10:42 PM  

  • That's adorable.

    It's funny how we can do things for our kids that would totally gross us out if they weren't our own.

    By Blogger Tuna Girl, At 11:31 PM  

  • I want a girl! I want a girl!

    My friend with a two month old told me that her baby threw up in her mouth last week (she was giving her kisses after a feeding) and she didn't even feel grossed out by it.

    That's love.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 9:33 AM  

  • I'm probably being completely thick here, but what's a 'wedgie'? I have a good idea, but require confirmation.

    And I have it, on very good authority, that catfish are excellent timekeepers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:05 PM  

  • What can you say? The kid has got some CLASS. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:34 PM  

  • this story made me burst out laughing. what a cutie!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, At 12:32 PM  

  • Now that would make an excellent commercial! ;)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 3:46 PM  

  • Yeah, whats a wedgie? Is it a platform shoe or a huge pile of cash?

    By Blogger garfer, At 7:06 PM  

  • A wedgie is when a wedge of your knickers gets caught between your buttocks. Wedgies can be intentional or unintentional.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:40 PM  

  • Oh! Portuguesa nova just reminded me.

    My daughter threw up in my mouth once too. I was tossing her in the air and laughing up at her.

    It was pretty gross though. Serves me right for tossing her after feeding her. :-)

    By Blogger Tuna Girl, At 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home