Peevish

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Return of the Drunken Lesbian Scrapbooking Weekend

Ok, maybe not so much lesbian, except for the part where I slept with strange women. Alas, no hot ladylove, just lots of snoring (and farting on the second night, but that's another part of the story). Perhaps not so much drunken, either, as the Margaritas at the resort weren't frozen, so I declined to partake of them, and instead had one small Kahlua and Cream. There was, however, lots of fun scrapbooking going on, and was indeed the weekend.

I got to room with Jem, who was born in England and raised in New Orleans. She was completely delightful - the kind of woman who speaks in a German accent when tired, shouting "Touch my monkey! Touch it! Touch it!" She's also refreshingly liberal, something I didn't think I'd ever find in my normal scrapbooking group. It always seems that I'm the closet liberal surrounded by a group of Catholic Republicans when I scrap with this group. It was nice to find another, and together we "outed" Mitzi as a liberal, too. We had our own little Bush-bashing, NPR-listening, ACLU card-carrying Liberal Democratic enclave going on in the corner of the scrapping room. I sort of knew she was one of my people when she announced at dinner that her gay friends hadn't been really surprised that Brokeback Mountain didn't walk away with more Oscars. Silence fell, covert glances were exchanged, the subject was dropped, and discussion of more neutral topics - dogs, daughters, coffee, chocolate - were introduced.

On the second day, I met my other roommate, Flo. No, not Aunt Flo, although that fucking bitch put in a surprise appearance, too. Flo was, well, LOUD! Girlfriend was an open book to all that cared, and some that didn't, to know about her life. She was, however, very fun to hang with, because she knows how to have a laugh. She and Jem went out with Mitzi and her mother for Mexican food that night. Jem got a bit, um, windy from the beans. Whooooooo! We had to warn everybody about open flames in her vicinity.

We also went to see the movie Failure to Launch. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmMathhew MMmmmmmmmmmmmmConaghy, is all I have to say. I've never been a big Sarah Jessica Parker fan - I just don't see it - but she was really cute in this movie. I give it 3.5 of 5 stars. Recommended.

We got some scrapbooking done, too. I finished about 4 layouts, and since I am one of the World's Slowest Scrappers, that's a pretty good number. Mitzi got about 35 done, though. Coming home was really difficult for me this time. I didn't want to come back to reality and have to deal with the WCM (the World's Cheapest Man). He resents it when I have fun, and true to form, the very first thing he did when I got home is blame me because Peanut's banana fell on the floor while she was sitting in his lap! Pain in my ass.

I can't wait for the next DLSW.

10 Comments:

  • i can't be arsed with scrapbooking. it's too much like homework.

    By Blogger surly girl, At 4:03 PM  

  • Er, what the feck is scrapbooking?

    I thought only ten year olds kept scrap books.

    By Blogger garfer, At 7:39 AM  

  • Sounds like a VERY interesting time! :)

    And tell me, any Matthew Mconaghy ass shots in this movie?

    Just askin'...;)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 9:30 AM  

  • sounds like a fun time with the girls. too bad the homecoming sucked.

    I thought about scrapbooking once for about a microsecond but am just too lazy.

    blogging is my version.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:58 AM  

  • It makes me hurt for you a little that you weren't psyched to go home, but AM pleased you had a fun weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:07 PM  

  • Yes what is scrapbooking? Please tell.

    By Blogger S.I.D., At 3:48 PM  

  • Surly - I totally understand. I feel the same about knitting.

    Shifty - I knew you went through "the change" so to speak. Congratulations on the new identity.

    Garfy & SID - scrapbooking is where you spend millions of dollars on ribbons, metal doodads, stickers, buttons, etc... so that you can take a few pictures, slap 'em on a sheet of neat paper and dress 'em all up with the doodads & whatnot. I get in touch with my inner artist...

    Stacy - no MM ass shots, but, *gulp* Terry Bradshaw ass shots aplenty. I was temporarily blinded...

    Whinger - it must have been the full moon and the hormones that made it so spectacularly bad when I got home. It's back to normal now.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:15 PM  

  • You'll have to explain this scrap booking thing to the uninitiated amongst your readership. I'm not quite sure that I get it. I certainly don't get the idea of meeting up with other people who do "scrapping" - what do you get up to?

    If it was real scrapping or lesbian mud-wrestling, I'd be all for it :). Well, I'd certainly watch and help clean people up afterwards.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 6:04 PM  

  • Yes, we're wondering what the scrapbooking thing is too.

    As for Brokeback Mountain - We thought it was okay, but nothing special.

    I did cry though. As I always do at the slightest inkling of anything sad.

    I'm such a fucking poof sometimes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:42 AM  

  • I'm none the fecking wiser. Does it involve snuggling in sleeping bags?

    Have you got any vids?

    By Blogger garfer, At 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home