Peevish

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hershey Park!

Tomorrow, I get to chaperone the Band & Chorus field trip to Hershey Park. First they perform for the judges, then we go into the park and ride the coasters. I adore this trip and am on the dedicated chaperone list every year. I usually ride the chorus bus, but this year my favorite students are in the band.

Yeah, yeah, pipe down. I know that teachers aren't supposed to have favorites, but when you meet my kids, you can't help but fall in love with some of them. There's the Girlie group - high-achieving smart girls like H., Jillie Bean, Annie, Sydney, & Claire (there are many others but I only have so much space, you know?). Then there are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Dylan, Hasan, Justin, and Matt - so named because having them all together in one class produces mass chaos and hysteria. While they are the world's most disruptive force in a classroom, outside of the school, they are a fun bunch of boys with great jokes.

I'm going to hit all the roller coasters I can. Piggy & Tazzy would be proud.

10 Comments:

  • Hooray for Hershey Park! Would you believe in all my years in the area I never got to go?? Waaah! I hope you're feeling better and able to enjoy the rides with complete abandon. Btw, I just sent links to a new installment of the Max files. Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:55 PM  

  • Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I come too? I love theme parks me.

    You teachers have a cushy life.

    By Blogger garfer, At 7:04 AM  

  • be careful, newnorb. i know someone who teaches in high school in new jersey. she almost got fired when she mentioned her students by name on her blog.

    just consider this some friendly advice from an employment lawyer.

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 10:20 AM  

  • We're jealous!

    Can we come and play too?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:56 PM  

  • Did you fall off a roller coaster?

    Are you in traction wearing a head brace and being spoon fed?

    Have you died?

    By Blogger garfer, At 4:57 PM  

  • I've always had this unfounded desire to visit Hershey, PA and the park.

    I once confessed it to a friend, and she said the same.

    I'm picturing chocolate roller coasters and fountains of chocolate syrup.

    Am I right?

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 11:08 PM  

  • Chocolate AND roller coasters! What more could a woman ask for!!!


    So how'd it go? :)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 9:13 AM  

  • Are you stuck on a roller-coaster?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:42 AM  

  • *sniffles* I'm so hurt! What about us medium-achieving, not-particularly-bright students? Where is the love? *sings*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:25 PM  

  • Awwwwww, poor baby. Of course you're one of my favorites too.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home