Peevish

Monday, June 12, 2006

Revenant

Today's word of the day is revenant, or one who returns after a long absence. Kind of like me, huh?

Hershey Park was fine - it rained though, so I couldn't go on all the rides I wanted. I was mortally embarrassed twice that day, though. More on that later.

School is out for summer - yay! I have some great pictures of my 8th graders. I'll miss most of the little boogers. Any of my students currently reading this, well you know who I'll miss and who I won't. OK? Of course I'll miss you. You know you were my favorite.

I drove up to New York City today to participate in a research study. It's for people that are going to have weight loss surgery. Yes, I'm out of the surgery closet now. I'm having weight loss surgery - more specifically, the Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch. Most people just call it the DS.

Why surgery? Oh, I have my reasons. Trust me. Let's just say that once I heard that someone of my BMI has a 5% chance of losing weight and maintaining the loss with diet and exercise alone, I decided that surgery wasn't such a bad option. I was at the end of my rope at the end of last year, when I started researching surgery. I was horribly unhealthy, with hypertension, sleep apnea, and serious joint fatigue. I still am horribly unhealthy, but more optimistic.

Hopefully, on next year's Hershey Park trip, I won't be asked to get off of any rides because I don't fit proplerly in the seat.

7 Comments:

  • Oh good lord. I want that surgery in such a major way. After the kid is born, of course. I cannot take illegal diet pills and/or resort to just remaining pregnant for the rest of my life.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 7:50 PM  

  • I want liposuction. I'm trying to talk The PK into letting me get it on a payment plan.

    He'd rather I'd get me some new boobs.

    Men. I tell you what, God forbid anything happen to The PK...but if it does??? I'm a bachelorette for the rest of my life!!! ;)

    By Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen, At 8:40 AM  

  • So, SO sorry you were asked to get off a ride.
    But congrats on the next step of surgery. You'll have to tell us all about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:37 PM  

  • Good to have you back.

    We call it stomach stapling over here. Not a very accurate phrase, but it does contain the gist.

    Do you have to pay, or does medical insurance cover it?

    By Blogger garfer, At 6:16 PM  

  • Nova - even pregnant, you're still a tiny little thing.

    Stacy - typical ;) Bigger boobs are grown men's toys.

    Whinger - not as sorry as I was.

    Garfer - stomach stapling was an older form of surgery. There are about 6 kinds these days, and mine is one of the least known. Insurance will pay for most of it, since I have to go out of their network for my surgeon.

    everyone - you'll hear all about it, in sickening technicolor detail, I'm sure.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 6:37 PM  

  • Any of my students currently reading this, well you know who I'll miss and who I won't. OK? Of course I'll miss you. You know you were my favorite.

    alright, who is the YOU, you mentioned?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:18 PM  

  • Why, YOU of course! Duh.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home