Peevish

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Baseball, Mom, and what my kitchen smells like...

Mmmmmm, apple pie!

Tomorrow, the WCM, Miss Peanut, and I are all heading over to the WCM's brother's house for a Fourth of July Pool Party. Since my brother-in-law, we'll just call him AC for now, just got a divorce and moved into his new house, we're not expecting much in the way of refreshments. The WCM procured a lot of wine (including my favorite, which tends to get me in trouble...) and bade me prepare potato salad and broccoli slaw. Since I had a fruit bowl brimming with uneaten apples, I threw together two apple pies, too, since there's no other dessert as American as Apple Pie, now, is there?

There will be much frolicking in the pool tomorrow, I can foresee, as there was frolicking this afternoon. I went to an el cheapo store yesterday and bought a couple of inflatable rafts and an inflatable pool chair so people could laze about in the water. Miss Peanut and I had a blast propelling ourselves around the pool on them after I'd gone nearly cross-eyed blowing them up. She's not a half bad little swimmer now. I still don't trust her in the deep water, though. She'll have to work a little harder for that.

Hope you all have a lovely holiday!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • What is this 4th of July of which you speak?

    Baseball just isn't cricket.

    By Blogger garfer, At 9:40 AM  

  • Hmmm, that would be more commonly known as Independence Day, when we lowly common Yanks kicked your smarmy British Butts back to Blighty...

    Baseball's kinda boring unless you're seeing it at the stadium - or playing it. But then, so are a lot of sports, IMO.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 11:17 AM  

  • All that effort keeping the beastly Frenchies at bay and what thanks did we get?

    George Washington just got in a strop because the British army wouldn't give him a commission.

    By Blogger garfer, At 12:35 PM  

  • Yeah, starting a revolution over taxes sure seems like an anachronism today, don't it?

    By Blogger Hube, At 1:29 PM  

  • Taxes? No. Gas prices? Maybe.

    Nice to hear from you.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home