Peevish

Monday, February 16, 2009

Lazy day

There are a few wonderful perks in my profession - not working on holidays is one of them. I'm at home with Miss Peanut, enjoying a beautifully lazy day.

We both slept laaaaaaate this morning - arising at 8:30ish, I poked my head into Miss Peanut's room to witness her sitting up in her bed, rubbing sleepily at her eyes. She hurdled out of it, flung her arms around my waist, and gave me the sweetest hug. We both climbed into my big bed and had a snuggle to plan our day. Miss Peanut made me squeal by placing her "cold feet of DOOM!" on my bare legs while we decided that the first order of the day would be a walk to Dunkin' Donuts to get breakfast.

One Waffle sandwich later, and we're walking back home, me clutching my iced coffee - yes, iced coffee. I'm not much of a hot beverage drinker these days, even my beloved Tea. Earl Grey. Hot is not doing it for me now - and Miss Peanut clutching a bag containing a Triple Chocolate Muffin for our afternoon snack.

On the docket is a little bit of reading, some web surfing, some TV watching, some scrapbooking, and a whole lot of lazing about in pajama bottoms. I'm making a chicken stew and scratch biscuits for dinner tonight, so I'll be about that a little later this afternoon. But for now?

Pajama bottoms, TV, book. Check.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Disgraceful indolence. Whatever happened to the Protestant work ethic?

    By Blogger garfer, At 3:40 PM  

  • Ok wait. Pajama bottoms. And no top? *grin*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home