Peevish

Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas Break Recap

So my break was pretty nice, all in all.

The first three days were all eventful, with visits and parties and feasting and presents for everyone. It got a little old by the third day, let me tell you. I'm normally a solitude-seeker, and all of that "family togetherness" was starting to get to me. However, since Miss Peanut wanted to go play with her peers at daycare for a couple of mornings, I was able to grab some quietness with the WCM and recharge my batteries a bit.

I scored some good loot from Santa this year: a Wii Fit, which is really all kinds of fun. I deplore exercise in most forms, but have really enjoyed doing Yoga, Balance Games, and a few of the Aerobic Exercises on the Wii Fit. I mean, any time I'm allowed to Hula hoop for aerobics is a fun time in my book.

Together, the WCM and I bought one of those Keurig Coffee Makers - the one cup at a time deals. I like a mild brew, like you can get at Dunkin Donuts, and the WCM likes the kind of java that will chew through your tooth enamel and put hair on your chest. Not being a fan of a hairy chest (on myself that is...), I was thrilled when he agreed to this purchase. We've tried out some of the flavored varieties, a few of the Extra Bold flavors for the WCM, and a light roast for me. It's working!

In other news, during our time together, the WCM and I started cleaning up the basement. This has been on our TO DO list for the last 2 years. I set up my scrapbooking space down there, giving the WCM the impetus to clean up his fossil table/gravel heap. It's almost looking respectable down there! I've already done a bunch of scrapbooking, something I haven't done in about a year (oy, the pictures have piled up...)!

Getting my creative mojo flowing has really made me feel good. I've gotten quite a lift from it - playing with paper, creating havoc and mayhem with my inkpads, it's been eye-opening. It has, however, prevented me from playing much on my computer. Hopefully, I'll find a balance sometime...

yeah, right ;-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Yay! The lady Peeve is back!! I've been checking the blog for updates. Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday. Me too. As much as I missed my family and getting that full-on-tradition xmas experience (not to mention a bit of snow),it was soooo nice to just not go anywhere for a while. I *would* like to either come up to DE or have some visitors soon though, preferably before Sprout pops out. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:00 PM  

  • Indulgent skiver.

    Get on that Wii.

    By Blogger garfer, At 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home