Peevish

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Asstacular

Once upon a time, I had a pilonidal cyst. It was ridiculously uncomfortable, then downright agonizing. I went three rounds with this thing - once in 1988, once in 1996, and once in 1997. I haven't seen or heard from it since. I, of course, got proper medical care for it all three times, including antibiotics and a visit to a surgeon to have the damn thing lanced and packed. This, though, brought back memories

We were all sitting around the kitchen table watching this show one evening when Kelvin laughed and said to his brother "Hey, aren't you glad you don't have to squeeze his butt anymore?"


I was shaking, snorting, and crying with laughter last night while I was reading the whole story.

Ah, good times. Good times.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Ick. That sounds rather disgusting...

    By Blogger Hube, At 3:43 PM  

  • Well, it probably is one of those things you'd have had to live through in order to appreciate. Kind of like the women who swap horrific childbirth stories with a bloodthirsty gleam in their eyes.

    And it WAS disgusting - that's what made it so funny!!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:01 AM  

  • Oh.My.
    You know, I could sort of imagine the story before I even clicked on it...and actually I waited 2-3 days, thinking I really didn't need to read about that. But then...there were no new posts from you, and not much going on on my friends list...so I went ahead and read it. I'm not sure if I'm glad or not. Funny, for sure. Well written, for sure. But the visual imagery is going to take a while to rinse out of my mind's eye. I've had similarly disgusting situations...but it's my own goo, ya know?
    P.S. Sorry you can't extricate yourself from the family for Thanksgiving. :-(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home