Peevish

Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeding my addiction, plus a PSA

So, a couple of weeks ago, I went to Melting Mama's site, where she was having a contest. The only thing you had to do to enter was to tell her how you liked your coffee. Since I'm a caffiend, and extremely free with my opinions, I told her all about how I liked my coffee.

Well, I won! She sent me a canister of Click, a coffee-flavored protein powder. Vanna White, eat your heart out.

Vanna White Wannabee

Being a former Starbuck's 'ho and a current Dunkin Donuts regular, I was all over this. Please note the appliance closest to the canister.

Looky, looky what I got!

Now, I just started having protein shakes recently, since I prefer to chew my calories. However, whenever I feel like something sweet, my Banana Scream shake (made with ice and half&half in the blender) is a bit healthier for me than the Oreos I'm likely to reach for instead. I've been curious about this Click stuff ever since Melting Mama started talking about it. Well, it arrived in my mail today, so I got busy with the blender!

ingredients

I started out with about 2 cups of crushed ice, and wound up with about that same amount of half and half. Now, see, I know that most people are not going to use half & half with which to make a "healthy" protein shake. With my surgery, though, I won't absorb 80% of the fat I eat, so I make my shakes with half & half so I get enough fat in my diet. Wild, eh? My cholesterol at last check was 90. Ninety. Unreal. Anyway... I used 4 scoops of Click (30 g protein in all) and 2 scoops of UpCal D (Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D), then blended the stuff until it was all nice and shakey. Putting it into a rinsed-out Dunkin Donuts cup is key to my enjoyment - I'm passing for "normal" here! Nobody knows I'm drinking something good for me!

Yummy!

Holy Noms, Batman! The stuff tastes every bit as good as an Arby's Jamocha shake!

Big Thumbs Up

I'm giving Click a big thumbs up! Thanks Melting Mama!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I don't need shakes, I get all my calories from beer.

    By Blogger garfer, At 12:00 PM  

  • You rock. We all need a DS. LOL.

    By Blogger Melting Mama, At 11:06 PM  

  • You are so freaking cute it's sick. And you get free stuff. Unfair :)

    Glad you enjoyed it - I may have to try!!

    By Blogger Sharon, At 2:45 PM  

  • Personally, I like your thumbs up best of all.

    I used to be addicted to Tim Horton's Iced Caps but then decided my already non-existant waist could do without. However, Click seems to be the answer.

    By Blogger pissoff, At 8:48 PM  

  • lmao you are a crazy goober. Love GingerSnap

    By Blogger Ginger, At 11:49 AM  

  • I came across your blog via Melting Mama, and I've been poking through your archives. I am pre-op for gastric bypass (my date is 1/19/10!) and I've been searching high and low for a decent calcium supp. I had never heard of UpCal until this post! It sounds perfect! Thanks!

    By Blogger Kelly, At 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home