Peevish

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You'll want some cheese with this w(h)ine...

So recently, I've started to feel a little blue, a little melancholy, a little down. I've had the urge to shut myself off a bit, to close people out, to retreat into my shell, not unlike the astrological crab that represents me. It's a defense mechanism, this withdrawal, to use that hard shell while I recover from my wounds.

It's no one person that's hurt me, it's no single event. It's nothing I can pinpoint, except a vague feeling of dissatisfaction with almost every aspect of my life. My job is major-league stressful, even though I love my students. The WCM is a nagging thorn in my side, for whom I can do nothing right. My house is a wreck and I hate cleaning. I've been rushed off my feet every day for the last three weeks, spending hours after school just keeping current with grading, yet I'm still responsible for everything at home, from Miss Peanut's homework, to scrubbing the toilets.

I need a break. I want to rest. I can't take all of this whirling about any more. I want somebody to do something for me for a change, without asking for or expecting recompense, instead of having to take care of all and sundry.

That's not likely, given who I married and the nature of my employment. So, I'm just going to cocoon a while, pull back and watch the world go by for a bit, until I feel like myself again.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I am bringing you Krispy Kremes in a week. And we get to hang. Will that help????

    Smooch girl hang in there.

    Sharon

    By Blogger Sharon, At 6:28 PM  

  • Awww, tres desolee, ma chere!! I know what it's like to have a bit of existential dread once in a while--hopefully you'll find a bit of peace and new energy soon. Meanwhile, start planning your next trip down here. :-) This Saturday we're going to Roman Days at George Mason. On the 4th we were going to do the RennFaire, but Vienna is having its town Oktoberfest so I think I might go do that. That leaves Oct 12 for the MD Rennfaire. If any of those weekends work out for you--high tail it on down here (Or meet us, in the case of the RennF). Your boyfriend is waiting! :-P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:33 PM  

  • Sharon - OMG, that will totally help. Can't wait to hang!

    Mel - RennFaire on the 12th sounds like the thing! I need my l'il boyfriend snuggles, too!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home