Peevish

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Latest news from DS Land

This just in - the fucking vampires went after my inner arm again and withdrew 15 vials of blood for lab tests. In a couple of weeks, I should know if I'm deficient in any important vitamins and minerals. I have a bruise the size of a nickel where the phlebotomist punctured my vein - he was rough with me, after I asked him to be gentle. I hate when that happens.

After waffling for half a year over who I was going to have replace my surgeon for follow up care - the guy moved to Florida, for crying out loud! - I've decided not to go with the more local surgeon and to stay with the NYC practice that my surgeon used to lead. After speaking with some of his patients, I deduced that the local guy and his nutritionists are still on the low end of the DS learning curve, as far as post-op care goes. I don't have time to educate a nutritionist on the vastly different vitamin and nutritional needs of a Duodenal Switch patient, as compared to a standard Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass patient (think Carnie Wilson or Al Roker). Judging from the comments I heard, the local guy's patients are constantly educating their nutritionists. An added benefit is that I can schedule my appointments to visit my NYC peeps.

I'll be going up to New York again this weekend to hang out with my girl Crystal and one of the OH DS board "celebrities," Miss LeaAnn and her husband. There's going to be a huge group of us going out to lunch on Saturday - this should be a hell of a party! It's kind of bad timing for me, since school starts for me and Miss Peanut on Monday, so I'm coming back Saturday night or Sunday morning. I've got a hella busy day tomorrow, finishing up my classroom and getting my syllabi together (I'm teaching 4 preps again this year - ugh!), but I've been at school bright and early every day this week, staying until at least 5 pm every day, so I should be in good shape.

So, the news from DS Land is good and hopeful. I look and feel healthy, and hope that my bloodwork confirms that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home