Peevish

Monday, August 18, 2008

"She is tolerable, I suppose..."

I am Elizabeth Bennet!


Take the Quiz here!



From Alison.

I've read all but one of Jane Austen's books - Northanger Abbey. I've been saving that one forever, because once I read it, there will be no more Austen left for me to read. And that, dear readers, would be a tragedy.

Having read all but one book, I have to say that the quiz is easily manipulated. You could be any heroine you wanted if you thought too hard about your answers. I tried to answer honestly, and I got my favorite heroine. The General gave me a copy of Pride and Prejudice when I was eleven years old and at the end of my juvenile library. I was almost instantly swallowed by the book and have made it a point to read it once a year, every year since. I also watch the A&E version (with Colin Firth! YUM!) while I'm folding laundry.

Extra points to anyone who can give me the context for the title of this post.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Mr. Darcy to Mr. Bingley at the dance where they are first introduced to the Bennett ladies. "She is tolerable I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me".

    By Blogger Jill, At 3:12 AM  

  • yay! you got it! a couple of months late, but you got it!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home