Peevish

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An intriguing culinary experiment

So I was browsing about the internet the other day, and I came across this site. It proposed the most intriguing combination of flavors I'd yet explored - a Bacon Cinnamon Roll.

Well, today, just for kicks, I tried putting these suckers together. I only needed 5 strips of bacon, so with the rest, I made Pig Candy.

I experimented a bit, and I microwaved the bacon to partially cook it before I rolled it into the pre-made cinnamon rolls. I followed the baking time suggested on the can, salivating all the time at the aroma wafting around the kitchen. I don't know who was worse, me or the dogs, but the mop has to come out in a minute to take care of the drool puddles.

Well, the result was somewhat disappointing: the pastry was delish, but the bacon was still undercooked, despite partially cooking it in the microwave first.

The pig candy, though, was exquisite.

Ah, well, I'm chalking this one up to a lesson learned.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • The pig candy I can possibly cope with, but the bacon and cinnamon rolls? Surely you must've known they'd taste of crap.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 2:48 PM  

  • Ah, that's right - you don't like sweet & savoury together. I just had sausage, waffles, and maple syrup, all mixed together for a snack.

    Truthfully, it was the uncooked texture of the bacon that did me in. When I had a bite of plain cinnamon roll with a bite of the crunchy pig candy? MOUTHGASM. That was incredible!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 3:26 PM  

  • You're spot on with the sweet/savoury combination - pigswill for lazy people. I bet you didn't use a knife and fork properly either, did you?

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 3:40 PM  

  • You'd be wrong about the knife and fork - I was raised properly. Knife in one hand, fork in the other, for the duration of the meal. None of this switching around shite.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home