Peevish

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Delving deeply into TMI territory

Ok, so here's the thing: apparently, as women age, certain areas of our bodies become, well, slightly less tropical, to not put too fine a point on it. Things are becoming a bit more arid in some of my regions. As a matter of fact, the WCM noted upon his last foray into the bush, that there was some danger of a brush fire. I did, in fact, feel the effects of this relative drought, later that evening, as the friction involved during his expedition left the area rather, ahem, scorched.

Upon realizing that the situation was, in fact, dire, I resolved upon the spot to find a solution to this problem. If there is to be a raging inferno in my loins, I'd rather it be the kind that leads to mind-numbing, bone-melting orgasms, and not to walking spraddle-legged and saddle-sore later. So I girded the aforementioned loins and decided on a sortie to Target - specifically, to the "feminine products" aisle.

My mission of finding lubrication became much more complicated than I had orginally anticipated. I had no idea of the scope of the product. Did I want a regular bottle of clear liquid or did I want a can of lubricating mousse? Or, perhaps, a mist application? Did I want a scent? And if so, did I want it fruity, flowery, or something entirely different? Did I want one large bottle, or did I want an assortment of smaller bottles, each with a different property? Oh, and speaking of properties, did I want it to warm me, cool me, soothe me, or make me tingle? Then, there is the brand issue - would one be considered the Ultimate Cheapskate if one purchased store-brand lube, as opposed to a brand name? We are in a recession, after all. Where, exactly, does one draw the line, if there is indeed a line to be drawn in such matters?

In the end, after spending ten minutes blushing and tittering in the aisle, I purchased a variety pack of individual packets - some warming, some tingling, some soothing, and two fruity flavored ones. That should make for some interesting moments, eh?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • THIS is a fabulous post and had me roaring with laughter AND nodding my head at the same time.

    Y'all let us know how it goes, girlfriend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:24 PM  

  • Oh man, I love your descriptive language. I was rolling! "foray into the bush?" LOLOL

    Rock on sistah!

    Jules

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:02 PM  

  • Liquid silk is quite good, you can usually get it from your local gay shop.

    By Blogger Sniffy, At 2:16 PM  

  • There's a chain of stores in Canada, endorsed by that marvelous canadian sex guru Sue Johansen (on the Oxygen network, btw) called "Aren't we naughty". She recommends Astroglide, and while I haven't tried any others, it does seem to do the trick. We bought strawberry, not that we've ever tasted it. (And that's another story in itself...).

    Funny post, btw...though I will admit that I always feel prudish reading your explicit posts, considering how well I know both parties involved. No offense, but, much as I love you...well, ew. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:48 AM  

  • Mel, you can't say I didn't warn you in the title!!!!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:16 AM  

  • Um. I must be older than I thought, as this stuff has been in our house since I've had babies, 11 years?

    By Blogger Melting Mama, At 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home