Peevish

Friday, November 13, 2009

On the verge

For the last month, I've felt as though I've been constantly on the verge of tears. I usually only get this way a couple of days out of the month - why, hello, Aunt Flo. So miserable to see you. - but this went far beyond those days. This was systemic. It affected my work and my relationships.

I'm familiar with depression and how it feels - like being constantly shoved underwater, unable to surface through the thick barrier of ice above you. I've been there. This is similar.

I've deliberately kept myself busy, attempting to push through the feelings and come out on the other side of this mini-depression. That has failed, colossally. I've tried to smother those feelings in chocolate. That was a major disappointment. I've tried losing myself in the internet. Nope, didn't happen.

So now I have to feel these feelings - and just what am I supposed to do with them?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • How about trying to remember that you are alive, well, healthy, and that people look out for you when you go walk about.

    Now stop your fecking blubbing, and make a pot of tea.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 3:15 AM  

  • Coming right up with that tea, love ;-)

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home