Peevish

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Facebook ate my brain...

That damned Facebook done ate my brain! I spend waaaaay too much time there these days, frittering away my summer vacation.

I've also been cooking and baking a lot, since our garden started producing vegetables - tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant. Our blackberries are ripening now, the strawberries are flowering, and the raspberries are just putting out fruit. The fledgling fig tree has a few figs on it, but, as I am not a fig fan, I refuse to wax rhapsodic about them. I couldn't give a fig. (har, har, har... groan...)

But mostly, I've been reading like a woman possessed and making ice cream. I've gone through a book a day for a whole month, pausing this last week to collect myself before launching into another spate of devouring pages. The ice cream, well, let me justify it this way: I have an ice cream maker, see? Why should I pay for inferior ice cream when I can make delicious additive-free confections at home?

So far, I've made chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate chip, cappuccino chip, and butter pecan. I've been all over foodgawker for recipes - next up is peanut butter with chocolate covered peanuts and fudge swirls or fresh strawberry. I really don't know which one I'm going with, but whatever it is, I can guarantee that it won't last long in our house.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Make sure you don't forget that apart from being a good reader, you're also a good writer!


    ....and pass the choccie chip.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 1:45 AM  

  • Homemade ice cream...nom nom nom. Maybe those figs would become edible if you tossed 'em in your ice cream maker. Fig ice cream...ummm, I'm thinking a much older target audience might go for that.

    Facebook gives me the crazies. I love the shit out of it one day and then psychotically hover over the Delete Farkin' Facebook button another day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home