Peevish

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Brand New Year

So it's the first day of the new year and it's 59 freaking degrees out. This is not typical Delaware weather for January. I should be freezing my butt off instead of going to the park in a polo shirt. I think every parent had the same idea today - take your kids to the park, it'll be the last time they can run around without a snowsuit before April. I let my sweet baby girl run around until she was stumbling with exhaustion, dragged her off the playground - literally kicking and screaming - stuffed her into the car, and hauled her home today. The little stinker still didn't take a nap. I miss those naptimes she used to have when she was tiny. Now that she's 3, she eschews the afternoon nap on weekends. I must be getting broody...

Lack of naps aside, it was a wonderful start to the year. I got to read (yet another) book - I think I set a record for reading books over vacation: I visited the used book store twice, the library once, and Borders twice. I think I have an addiction... Anyhoo, I did my favorite things - read, played with my daughter, cooked, watched TV, everything but eat chocolate and have s... well, the night is still young, ok? Maybe I can get them both in at the same time. You know, start the new year off with a bang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home