Peevish

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London calling...

... or in this case, screaming.

As it always happens in moments like this, I am completely numb with shock. The human capacity for hatred and destruction never ceases to astonish me. Four bombs, 400+ injuries, 40+ fatalities. I am left, like Nancy Kerrigan, screaming "Why?! Why?! WHY?!"

No one has called to take responsibility for this. I can't even imagine what I'd see as justice done for this attack. Thankfully, I'm not in the position to mete out that justice. I think it would be rather like the brainwashing performed in "A Clockwork Orange." Perhaps the brainwiping performed on criminals, as portrayed in Babylon 5 would be appropriate.

For me, there is no method of justice that would serve as a reparation for this. No action undertaken by a government could fix this for me, were that my baby on the bus or subway. No fine, imprisonment, or death sentence would bring back my loved one. The grief would be too profound and paralyzing for men to fix. It is just that that numbs me now - the immense sadness of every parent that had a child die in London today. It is all I can think about.

Anyone from the UK who may stumble upon this tiny blog, please know that you have my sympathies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home