Peevish

Monday, June 27, 2005

A decade and a half...

The WCM and I will be married for 15 years on June 30, 2005.

It was thought, lo those many years ago, that I was making the biggest mistake of my life. You know what they say: "Marry in haste, repent at leisure." Actually, I don't know anyone who says that. People, uncharitable people, predicted that our marriage wouldn't last two years - I was, after all, barely 20 years old. There was whispered speculation about my waistline - would it be rapidly burgeoning in months to come? No, it didn't. In fact, it took 11 years for my sweet Peanut to come along.

We've weathered lots of fights, lots of celebrations, graduate school, unemployment, one serious illness, two puppies, crate training, one pregnancy, and one horrifying labor and delivery. Sleepless nights, breastfeeding, weaning, and potty training have tested us.

Still, we're together. Neither one of us is perfect, and we have real differences - he's a Republican, for crying out loud! I'm a junk food junkie, he loves whole grains. I'm classical, he's classic rock. We've mastered the art of compromise.

Happy Anniversary, you cheap bugger. I love you!

3 Comments:

  • happy anniversary!

    i still remember when your father called me to ask me to talk you out of getting married. that's how i heard about your engagement (did you know that story before now?). i'm glad it turned out so well. your father may have been wrong about the wisdom of your marriage, but he was just worried about you.

    of course, if i knew he was a republican maybe i would have sided with your dad :)

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 12:57 PM  

  • Jeremy - I didn't hear that story! Anyway, he was a Democrat when I met and married him. I think he just got old & crotchety before his time...

    Dave - on our actual anniversary, we may just go to some fast-food establishment, as we'll be pursuing some mutual passion that day - roller coasters at Cedar Point. Tonight we went out to Carraba's for a nice Italian meal.

    Jennine - thanks!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:47 PM  

  • Carraba's is teh shit! Went there to celebrate 760 on Subject SAT! Score for WNSCM!

    By Blogger 21meteorstreet, At 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home