Peevish

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Bzzzzzzzzzz

That's the sound of the busy bee!

It's finals week at school, so the pressure is on. I love this week - it's so sweet seeing "my" kids change over two years. They stumble in in Seventh grade, gawky and shy, and strut out of Eighth grade, pumped full of hormones and bravado.

After the halls clear on the last day, you can hear every teacher in the building sigh in unison. It's not entirely relief, either. Sometimes it's a sigh of sadness, as you've just sent the BEST CLASS EVER on to an uncertain future in high school. Sometimes it's joy, that you've just seen the end of the class from HELL. But, most of the time, it's a sigh of resignation - that you're sure you've done your best, but you're hoping that you've made as much of an impact on your students as they've made on you.

I will miss so many of my students from this year. I had some of the best students ever. They were motivated, eager, and bright as halogen bulbs. I wish them nothing but the best in life.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home