Peevish

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Surreal moments in my life with Gadget Guy

I just floated back from Starbucks, where I'd been enjoying my drink while curled up in one of their lovely plush green velvet chairs. There was this guy sitting in the other chair next to me - you've seen him before, we all have. I call him, in his many incarnations, Gadget Guy. He had his laptop open charging his iPod while chatting on his cell phone. Just being Gadget Guy, you know? He looked pleasantly geeky - not too big, not too small, inoffensively dressed. I think the Gadget Guy dress code only runs to jeans or khakis with an unbuttoned Oxford shirt thrown over a quirky tee. It must be in their handbook or something.

Anyhoo, Gadget Guy had to unplug his laptop from the wall outlet behind me. He didn't ask me to move, just to "hold on" while he moved my chair with me still in it to get to the outlet. I held on. He moved the chair.

Easily. No huffing or puffing, no straining or swearing. Rather matter-of-factly, in-the-course-of-routine, to be honest.

I can tell you, that sure as shit wouldn't have happened 123 pounds ago.

I feel tiny.

Thank you, Gadget Guy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • actually the lack of huffing and puffing might have more to do with gadget guy. i thought gadget guys were supposed to be scrawny? maybe carrying all those gadgets around all the time is better than going to the gym

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 11:55 AM  

  • A nudge is as good as a shove to a blind horse, or so they say.

    I'm feeling gnomic.

    I am gadget guy. I need a 22 inch widesreen LCD and I need it now.

    By Blogger garfer, At 5:52 PM  

  • Noz, quit raining on my parade. Thank you, PN, thank you!
    Um, Garfy? I loves me some geeky gadget guys. You'd better stop giving me fantasy material.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home