Peevish

Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Life? It's Craptacular!

So the last three days have been completely craptacular in this old life of mine. Allow me to elaborate:

First, it has been suggested that I am no longer needed at my current school on a full time basis, so I will probably be spending my time traveling between two schools - my current one and the IB high school in my district. Frankly, the thought of traveling between the two of them just makes my stomach churn. Intellectually, it's a good enough move. Emotionally, it's a sucker punch to my self-esteem.

Second, I will no longer have the lovely large and spacious classroom that I specifically designed for myself with the architects when our building was renovated. No, that area is being given over to an alternative program entering my school. Everyone on my wing of the school has to pack up their classrooms (for the third fucking year in a row!) and move to a new one. A smaller one. One without a huge wall of cabinets for storing all of my props and supplies.

Third, my father suffered a very painful fall (from the top of an aluminum ladder after nearly electrocuting himself) and broke four of his ribs. He was lucky he didn't puncture a lung with the way that two of the ribs were completely snapped.

Fourth, and last, bit of craptastic suckage, my credit card is dead. The WCM called our bank and asked for a new check card as his was damaged. The fuckers deactivated my credit card (different accounts, different numbers - hell, different fucking color!) in the process and can't electronically reinstate it. I have to wait the 3 business days to get a new card. Fucking wankers.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow, that's defnitely craptastic. First, gah, so sorry about your dad. Please tell him that I am thinking of him!! Ribs can be a bitch to heal--hope he's feeling ok. Second, poo on the credit card folks. That sucks. Do you have other cards? We have three-- a Mastercard, a Discover and a bank card. And about the teaching stuff--double yuck. :( The splitting between schools thing has got to suck. Of course right now I'd jump at that, but in your position as a senior teacher doing a faboo job? Piss on em! Is enrollment down?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:20 AM  

  • Always thinkin' about 'ya, babe, with regards to the job thing.

    First, never, and I mean NEVER, think it's you. It ain't. Trust me -- I've heard enough past students of yours RAVE about you quite enthusiastically. And they're quite correct, natch!

    Second, I'd do whatever I could to get you back where I am! :-)

    Third, WTF with the WCM? Damaging his check card?? How? Like he ever USES the thing, right? ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:20 AM  

  • sorry about your craptastic days...
    but...

    even if it will suck to switch between schools, you can always remember how many fun students are at the IB high school! who will of course love that they'll get to see you.
    :D


    but it does sound rather sucky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home