Peevish

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Right on, Sister!

My girl Weetabix has a little something to say that every woman should read.

As a former woman of size, this hits home for me, as I'll happily cop to feeling physically invulnerable when I was larger. I would step into a fight to break it up (remember, middle school teacher) or walk down the street practically daring anyone to accost me, thinking that hey! I could pretty much just knock them down and sit on their windpipe and that would take care of things.

Now? Not so much.

There's no way I'm going to put this relatively tiny body (just bought a pair of size 6 jeans the other day) in between two huge middle schoolers fighting it out. I'm much more careful about going places, and I pay close attention to who's around when I'm out. I can't flirt like I used to, either, because men take me far more seriously. Rightly or wrongly, they just do, and I have to be careful. However, one in four, as Weetabix says, is serious.

One in four.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home