Peevish

Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day!!

I believe I may have mentioned in the past just how much I love snow days? Well, I do. And the bonus is that TODAY I HAVE ONE!!! Let me, at this juncture, just say THANK YOU to my friend Shari for "calling" this snow day. Girl, I bow to your clairvoyant powers.

Now, granted, it's going to get really really nasty out later with freezing rain coming down to coat the 3 inches of snow that are lying on the ground with about an inch of ice. Mmmm, fantastic. [/sarcasm]

Snow days always make me want to cook. Today, I've taken the easy route and tossed a pork roast and some carrots in my crock pot. I think I'll roast some potatoes later, saute some fresh carrots in butter & thyme, and fry up some apple slices in butter with brown sugar and cinnamon. Becky Home-ec-y has come out in force and is also demanding that I bake some bread or cookies, too. I'm thinking shortbread cookies and parmesan pinwheel rolls, how 'bout you?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I made a chicken taco stew with beans yesterday in the crock - chili before that - I'm with you. I turn into Martha when it's cold and crappy out. Good recipe btw if you are interested.

    And btw I'm at work. You suck.

    By Blogger Sharon, At 12:19 PM  

  • Yes! Recipe! Gimme!!!

    Nyah, nyah!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home