Peevish

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update

All hail the glorious Presidents' day weekend that gave me an extra day off! Hooray for extra days off!

So what did I do with all my time? I know you're dying to know...

On Friday night, Miss Peanut, the WCM, and I all enjoyed Family Movie Night - something we're hoping to institute. I picked us up a pizza, and we all ate on the sofa and watched "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." I loved it! See, I remember reading this book when I was about 10 years old, and just not getting into it. My friend Monica just raved about it, and I was going huh? I think I need to reread it now. Miss Peanut also loved it. We're getting "Happy Feet" for this Friday. Any child-friendly movie suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Saturday was errand day for us. One of the more exciting things to happen this week was that the trap in our bathroom sink rotted out, flooding the bathroom. It would happen when I was washing my hands... So, Saturday morning, we all went out to Home Depot to look for a new vanity. No joy. Then we dropped by my friend Dave's house to loan him our GPS, or as I not-so-lovingly refer to it: the Bitch in the Box. Dave has a parakeet that Miss Peanut just fell in love with. It was all I could do to stop her saying "Polly want a cracker?" for the rest of the day, when the bird's name wasn't Polly an nobody was interested in a cracker.

By then, my stomach was making her presence known, so I made the WCM take us to lunch. He countered by making me buy it. Whatever - I still got a Turkey and Artichoke sandwich out of the deal. We stopped by Lowe's and finished our vanity shopping. Once again, no joy.

I was a bit bummed, but I sucked it up long enough to drive Miss Peanut down to my mother's house. Now, the Bionic Woman just had her left hip replaced 2 weeks ago, and she insisted that I bring my child down to her house to entertain her. Well, damn, if I must. By the way, for those of you who are keeping track, my mom is doing exceedingly well with her second hip replacement. She's motoring around without her cane now, going up and down stairs, and going out to dinner. She amazes me.

Saturday night was our Valentine's Day. Since the WCM didn't get me anything - not that I expected anything - he took us out to dinner. We shared the best crab appetizer - three cheese crab dip - OH MY GOD, it was an instant mouthgasm. I had Parmesan-crusted chicken and sweet potato fries for my entree. I took half of it home (thank you, banana-sized stomach) and had it for lunch the next day, minus the fries, because they're never good reheated. Which brings us to the next day...

Sunday was pretty good overall. The WCM took me out for breakfast (score!) at a little diner around the corner from us. I went to the supermarket for groceries, Starbucks, and "me" time, and the WCM went back to Lowe's and found an incredibly gorgeous vanity. Carved cherry with a granite top, upon which a ceramic basin sits. This presented me with a dilemma - my bathroom is ugly 1940s green tile with black tile trim. Ick. This vanity was waaaaay too pretty to go into my ugly bathroom. When I proffered this opinion, the WCM nearly busted a gut laughing at me. He sobered up right quick when he realized I was serious. I picked out a really plain boxy black thing that matched the bathroom and stuck to my guns. We got it. I really don't think the WCM minds too much, since he now has a "Crazy Wife" story with which to regale his cronies. He'll lunch out on that story for weeks...

Monday was simply glorious. I woke up alone, full of the blissful peace that comes with sleeping in long and undisturbed. It was about 75 degrees outside - unheard of for this latitude in February! I had a hair appointment early and some shopping to do - a friend of mine is having a big birthday (Happy 40th Birthday Shari!) and I'm looking for something exotic and difficult to find. I couldn't find it. I'm peevish. hmph. Home for lunch. Dave stopped by to drop the GPS back off and have a chat, then I was back in the car to buzz back down to my mom's and pick up Miss Peanut.

It was an awesome weekend. Boring blog post, but awesome weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home