Peevish

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Talk me off the ledge, people...

Ok, so I tend to acquire new wardrobe items in spurts. This month, it's been jeans. I just got this pair of jeans last week that were a size 4. Nice, when you used to wear a size 24, right?

So I was at Target yesterday, just checking out what was new for "Spring" (because we all buy Spring clothes in fucking January, right?). There was a cute short-sleeved pink gingham shirt - very girly! Also very Daisy Mae Clampett, but that's beside the point - and some jeans.

I will admit that I am a bit of a jeans whore. I would live in them, given the opportunity. I like them to fit snugly. Not tight, per se - I don't like camel toe. But snug is good, with a bit of give in the thigh. I was dismayed when the size 4s were loose the second day I put them on. Oh yeah, I will wear my jeans a couple of times between washings - unless there's been a spill or something, you know, if I dump a container of minestrone over my head, as some have been wont to do... but I digress. The size 4s were loose on Day 2. Loose.

On a whim, I tossed a pair of size 4 jeans into my cart, then thought "what the hell!" and threw a pair of size 2s into there, too.

The size 2s fit. Not tight. Snug. With give. No camel toe. Arse looks incredible, if I do say so myself.

Of course I bought them. I'm wearing them right now. Having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Tiny. So tiny are my pants.

You know, I used to be a large woman with a large personality - expansive, robust, full-bodied, exuberant. Apparently, I'd have been an excellent wine. Now, I feel somehow diminished. Like I'm less of a person. Smaller body, smaller personality? I don't know.

Damn. Size 2. Who'd'a thunk?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • Having a hard time wrapping my head around this

    Damn even in non-literary prose posts you can't escape the language! ;-)

    By Blogger Hube, At 2:51 PM  

  • Woaaaah! A friggen' 2???? Even my old friend in Charleston who was like twiggy was only a 4. Who wears a two?? Max wears a 2 for criminy's sake! But seriously, that rocks! Couldn't we just split the difference? I'll even spot you a few sizes. You can be, say a 6 (still mighty tiny), and I'll be a 12. We can both be happy. :-)

    And hey, wouldn't that be just awful to get minestrone dumped all over you? I'd totally be bummed! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:48 PM  

  • Diminished person?! Smaller personality?! Have you read your recent blogs? Honey, you have always been and I am pretty sure you will always be your own outrageous self. I don't keep in touch with you like I should, but I always think to myself that I should, because you are an incredibly cool person who makes me smile. And now just happens to have an incredible looking ass.
    Diminished person, indeed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:55 AM  

  • Thank you Bobbinchick, that was exactly the kind of verbal smacking around that I needed ;-) Getting a grip now... (Hube, get your mind out of the gutter!)

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 1:48 PM  

  • How, may I ask, have you accomplished this feat of shrinkage? You're my hero!

    By Blogger Rimshot, At 9:30 PM  

  • Rim - Read a couple of posts down (Jan 12). I had surgery to accomplish this feat. Anyone with REALLY GOOD INSURANCE and a really awesome surgeon can do it...

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:13 PM  

  • Since purchasing my Jagwaaar/Daimler I no longer regard denim as suitable apparel.

    The combination of cheap cotton material with fine quality walnut, lambswool over rugs, and best quality leather would be most unseemly.

    People would take me for an oik with ideas above my station.

    By Blogger garfer, At 11:30 AM  

  • Hey, denim is "French!" And you are an oik. A gormless one at that ;-)

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home